I think just about everyone in the family has asked for this recipe and tried it out. It has become our favorite pizza dough recipe. It really is hard to mess it up. It always turns out great!
Honey Wheat (our favorite)
* Makes one 12-13" pizza, or two 9" individual pizzas. I ALWAYS double it to make 2 pizzas
1 tsp. yeast
1/2 cup plus 1 T. warm water (I usually estimate)
1 cup white flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
5 tsp. clover honey
1 tsp. salt
4 tsp. olive oil
* 1 tsp sugar (for proofing the yeast)
Basic White
1 tsp. yeast
1/2 cup plus 1 T. warm water
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp. sugar
1tsp. salt
4 tsp. olive oil
Dissolve sugar in water with the yeast. Let sit for 10 minutes. Mix other ingredients in electric mixer, adding only half of the flour. Add yeast mixer and more flour until dough just pulls away from the sides or until it just barely doesn't stick to your finger. Grease a glass bowl with oil. Put dough in and turn to coat. Cover and let rise for 1 1/2- 2 hours (I've even left it out for 3 once and it turned out fine). Punch down and reshape into a ball (can be split apart into individual pizzas at this point and used, however putting it in the fridge gives it a good flavor and "bite") Put into airtight container in refrigerator overnight (I've also done the morning of and it is great that way too). Pull out 2 hours (or whenever you remember) before making pizzas. Punch down the dough and form into balls according to desired number of pizzas. Place on a greased cookie sheet and cover until ready to use. Roll out and top. Bake at 500 degrees on a preheated pizza stone (for best results) for 7-10 minutes, or until crust is brown and cheese melted.
No comments:
Post a Comment