Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies


I LOVE pumpkin cookies. I used to make pumpkin cookies using a spice cake mix and a can of pumpkin, but these cookies are so moist, cheap, and yummy I don't think I will go back to the mix.

Recipe from allrecipes.com

1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil (I used half applesauce. I might try all applesauce next time)
1 egg
2 cups all-purpose flour (I added 1/4 cup more)
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. milk
1 Tb. vanilla extract (I only use 1/2 Tb.)
2 cups chocolate chips (or half a bag or so)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, and egg. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt. Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir in. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Add vanilla, chocolate chips and nuts. Drop by spoonfuls on a cookie sheet and bake for 350* for approximately 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment