Lemon Blueberry Muffins--I make these as mini muffins, but either works well. These are the ones I served for fun while you were here. We don't make these all the time, but they are good! You could probably play around with it to make it healthier Bon, if you really liked it.
2 cups flour ( I like to use Whole wheat, but of course they are tastier with white)
1/2 cup sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
zest lemon
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/2 cup butter/ shortening--I used butter
1 cup frozen blueberries
Beat wet, and then mix dry and then add together, and gently fold in blueberries. Do not over stir, and don't make them with a mixer, use a fork. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes, but just watch them!
While they are baking mix together 1/4 cup butter, 1/2 T lemon juice, and 1/2 cup sugar. Dip the muffins in the mixture when they come out of the oven, I would give them a second or so you don't burn yourself though. Enjoy!
Healthier Muffins--we eat this recipe all the time, but I'm constantly playing around with it.
![]() |
| Bonnie's version of the cranberry yogurt muffins |
Cranberry Yogurt Muffins
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup flour--I use whole wheat
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup plain/vanilla yogurt---I've used one of the apple cinnamon archer farm ones from Target, SOOO yummy!
1/2 cup oil/applesauce--oil holds up better and flavor is a little nice, but both works. I usually only do 3/4's of the substitution, so if it's 1/2 cup I'll fill it almost the whole way with applesauce and then add in a bit of oil.
3/4 cup brown sugar--I skimp on this and only add 1/4-1/2 sometimes, especially if I use the sweeter yogurt with sugar added. If I use greek yogurt, I'll add the whole thing typically.
1 egg
I usually throw in a splash of milk instead of adding in a whole cup of cranberry sauce which is what the recipes calls for, but sometimes I'll throw in fresh cranberries and the splash of milk. You can also just throw in zest of orange, or sub in some oj with fresh cranberries instead of the milk. If you do use the 1 cup cranberry sauce you don't need the milk. I really just guess at the milk by looking at the consistency of my muffins as I'm stirring them.
Mix wet and then dry separately, and then add dry to wet. Stir gently and then bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes.
I love this recipe, even my dad who hates whole wheat and 'healthy' muffins loves this one! My kids fav!
Happy baking!! Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment