Friday, February 17, 2012

Aubrey's Granola

I know many of you sisters may already have this recipe from Aubrey, but I have had lots of friends ask me for the recipe and this was an easy way to share it. So, I guess if you don't have it then here it is. It is a good one. Shad eats this every morning now. Thanks Aubs!

5 cups oats
1 cup wheat bran (I just use whole wheat flour)
1/2 cup coconut (optional)
lightly processed nuts- Ex: almonds, walnuts (optional)

Mix all together in one bowl.

1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup water (I usually do 1/2 cup)
1/2 cup oil (I use half applesauce/ half oil)
1 cup sugar (Aubrey does honey plus 2 more TB. I usually do 1/2 cup sugar/ 1/2 cup honey)
2 TB vanilla
1 TB almond extract
1 cup tart cherries or craisins (optional- I have never used)

Mix together and then pour into the dry ingredients. Mix well. Spread on a foil lined baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 275 for 1 1/2 hours (don't overbake! It will harden up a bit after you take it out). Mix and break up chunks a few times during baking and after it comes out. Let sit for a few minutes to harden up a bit. Store in airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment