Six girls married six brothers and became not just sisters, but best friends. Not only do we share the same last name, but also a love for cooking. Spread all over the country, this was the best way for us to share recipes with one another...and I guess you too!
Friday, February 17, 2012
Coconut Cream Pie
Made this for Valentine's Day! Easiest and yummiest pie ever! I got the recipe on the internet but I changed it a bunch and made it even better.
1 (9 inch) pie shell, baked (The recipe suggests graham cracker crust, but I prefer homemade regular pie crust)
2 (3.5 oz) pkg instant coconut cream pudding mix
1 1/2 cups milk (or use a combination with coconut milk for extra flavor)
1 cup flaked coconut (toasted in the oven for a few minutes)
1 pint whipping cream (sweetened with 1/3 cup powdered sugar and beat on high speed until peaks form- OR you can use frozen whipped topping as the recipe suggests. I just like the real stuff)
In a large bowl, combine the pudding mix and milk until the pudding mixture thickens. Fold 1/2- 3/4 of the coconut and about half of the whipping cream into the pudding. Pour the combination into the prepared pie crust.
Spread the remainder (or as much as you want- I didn't use it all) on top of the pie. Sprinkle with the remainder of the coconut. Refrigerate, and serve chilled.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment