Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pumpkin mini muffins


I found this recipe in a coupon ad for Libby's canned pumpkin. It is a keeper. I adjusted it a little to be even healthier by substituting the vegetable oil for applesauce. Didn't miss it a bit. Top it with Aubrey's homemade granola and you've got a perfect fall treat. I love that cans of pumpkin are on sale everywhere. Time to stock up for the year to make these yummy muffins!

"3 for 100" Mini Pumpkin Muffins
From Libby's

1 cup whole-wheat or all-purpose flour (sometimes I use half and half)
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil (try applesauce, I promise you won't regret it)
1 can (15 oz) Pumpkin
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup lowfat granola cereal, crumbled

Preheat oven to 350. Paper-line or grease mini-muffin pans. Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in small bowl. Beat sugar and oil in medium mixer bowl until blended. Add pumpkin and eggs; beat well. Gradually stir in flour mixture. Spoon batter in prepared muffin cups filling 2/3 full. Sprinkle each with about a 1/2 tsp of crumbled granola. Press granola lightly into batter. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into centers comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. store muffins in covered containers or resealable plastic bags.


No comments:

Post a Comment